Alaknanda River Expedition
Day 01: We start at 8am from Rishikesh and drive 80km to Bagwan passed Devprayag in the morning. It takes about 3 hours to get to the starting point where you meet your guides and rest of our team. Rafting begins after all the preparation. A relaxed day with few rapids. A day for swimming, body surfing, relaxing and spotting wildlife. Raft 2 and half hour to reach camp Amarasu. Camp over night on the beach.
Day 02: Day begins with negotiating a few small rapids. Again an easy day for rafting. We raft about 30 Km to reach our camping place. Camp over night on the beach at Kaudiyala.
Day 03: The day begin with big rapids followed by Daniel dip, the wall, Three Blind Mice”, “Crossfire”, and the “Body Surfing rapid”. Cover 35 kms
to reach Rishikesh. After lunch we run big rapids, the “Roller Coaster” and “Golf Course” to make it an exciting end to a grand adventure. The trip ends near Rishikesh.
• Bathing Suit or Shorts
• T-shirt or Sandos
• Sun block and Sun Burn Lotion
• Antiseptic Cream
• Sunglasses (Optional)
• Swimming Goggles (Optional)
• Old Sneakers / Neoprene Booties / River Sandals
• Waterproof Camera or Waterproof Bag for Camera and other devices
• Energy Bars / Energy Drinks
• Zip Lock Waterproof Baggies (to keep small things dry)
• Towel and Extra Undergarments
• Plastic Bags (for wet things such as shorts, bath suit, sneakers, undergarments etc)
• Wool Sweater
• Neoprene Wet suite & Booties/ Gloves
• Polypropylene Long underwear
• Cotton Clothes are good for summers
• Wetsuits and Booties are available on rent in Rishikesh; you can ask your rafting outfitter
• This checklist doesn't mean to imply that you will be able to bring everything on the raft with you
• If you are going on an overnight Camping and rafting trip or will include camping as a part of your Rafting trip, take a look at the Camping checklist also.
Camping Check list:
• T-Shirts and Shorts for Trekking
• Sunblock and Sun Burn Lotion
• Sport Shoes for Trekking Activities
• Battery Torch or Flashlight
• Spare Charged Batteries for your Cameras and Mobile Phones
• Personal toiletries like towel, Deo Spray, soap, shampoo, body lotion, hair oil, comb etc
• Personal first aid kit
• Pen & Notepad
• Bug Repellants
• Cigarettes, Liquor, Ice Box etc (we do not serve any)
• Other miscellaneous such as Chips, Namkeen, Cookies, Bakery Snacks etc.