Meeting Place: White World Expeditions Office at 8:00AM
Area: Garhwal (Uttrakhand)
Place visited: Haridwar, Rishikesh, Devprayag, Rudraprayag
Grade: Easy trek
Season: September to June
Departure: on request
Group of 2 people INR 20,500(USD 300) Per-person
Group of 3 to 6 peopleINR 16,500 (USD 240) Per-person
Group of 6 to 12 peopleINR 13,500(USD 200) per-person
• All travel from Rishikesh to Starting place and drive back at the end of the trip.
• All accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents.
• All meals from breakfast on Day 2 till dinner on Day 4.
• Professional guide fee, camping fee, sanctuary fee.
• Tents, mattress and all group camping gear.
• All trekking arrangements with most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
• Includes 3.625% (Service tax)
• Sleeping bag & Personal Trekking Gear
• Items of personal clothing
• Any arrangements in Delhi
• Expenses of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, camera fee
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
DAY 01:Our trek begins from the town of Rishikesh. Morning, after breakfast we drive for a good 7-8 hours to reach Sari. The drive, though long is beautiful as we drive along the Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakani rivers. Enroute we stop at Devprayag which is another important Hindu site, known for the confluence of two distinct colored Bhagirathi and Alaknanada Rivers, which then flows down as the Ganga. Once in Sari, we trek for a short while to the beautiful Himalayan Lake, Deorital. This trek does not take long but is steep, often giving a good view of the surrounding villages. While you trek up, we carry your gear ahead of you so that you find your camps ready at the bank of the lake. You can take the day off to explore the area around and then retire to your cozy tents after a good, wholesome dinner.
DAY 02:The mornings in the Himalayas are one to look forward to. Wake up early to catch the first rays of the sun on the snow covered Himalayas. The orangish hue of the mountains is one to keep as memory in your cameras! Once we have fed you with an energy giving breakfast, we set forth to Chopta. This is a gradual trek and takes 5-6 hours to complete, which however pass relatively quickly as you pass through the dense, cool forests and beautiful alpine meadows dotted with wild flowers. Arrive at Chopta and camp at outskirts. Meals and Overnight stay in Tents.
DAY 03: Our target today is to reach the summit of Chandrashilla in time so that we can catch the panoramic view of the high Himalayan peaks in good light. The trek is mostly a gradual ascent through themaroonish-reddish dwarf rhododendron bushes. At the summit, take in a good look at the prominent peaks surrounding you from all directions. Almost every prominent peak of the Garhwal Himalayas can be spotted from here. To one side is Nanda Devi (7817Mtrs-the highest peak of Indian Himalayas), the other side isKedarnath, Trishul, Banderpoonch etc. Each peak offers a spectacular view and finds its mention in the myths and folk tales of the plains below. Explore the area and then trace your steps back to the camp at Chopta. This downward journey is far easier and we finish it in good time to camp again at Chopta.
DAY 04: Morning after breakfast board our waiting vehicle and drive back to Rishikesh. Tour terminates upon arrival in Rishikesh