Alaknanda River Expedition
• Bathing Suit or Shorts
• T-shirt or Sandos
• Sun block and Sun Burn Lotion
• Antiseptic Cream
• Sunglasses (Optional)
• Swimming Goggles (Optional)
• Old Sneakers / Neoprene Booties / River Sandals
• Waterproof Camera or Waterproof Bag for Camera and other devices
• Energy Bars / Energy Drinks
• Zip Lock Waterproof Baggies (to keep small things dry)
• Towel and Extra Undergarments
• Plastic Bags (for wet things such as shorts, bath suit, sneakers, undergarments etc)
• Wool Sweater
• Neoprene Wet suite & Booties/ Gloves
• Polypropylene Long underwear
• Cotton Clothes are good for summers
• Wetsuits and Booties are available on rent in Rishikesh; you can ask your rafting outfitter
• This checklist doesn't mean to imply that you will be able to bring everything on the raft with you
• If you are going on an overnight Camping and rafting trip or will include camping as a part of your Rafting trip, take a look at the Camping checklist also.
Camping Check list:
• T-Shirts and Shorts for Trekking
• Sunblock and Sun Burn Lotion
• Sport Shoes for Trekking Activities
• Battery Torch or Flashlight
• Spare Charged Batteries for your Cameras and Mobile Phones
• Personal toiletries like towel, Deo Spray, soap, shampoo, body lotion, hair oil, comb etc
• Personal first aid kit
• Pen & Notepad
• Bug Repellants
• Cigarettes, Liquor, Ice Box etc (we do not serve any)
• Other miscellaneous such as Chips, Namkeen, Cookies, Bakery Snacks etc.
Day: 1 Srinagar to Bagwan
Day: 2 Bagwan to Ambrasu
Day: 3 Ambrasu to Kaudiyala
Day: 4 Kaudiyala to Rishikesh
Rafting Expeditions means that we runs long river trip without any support. Totally self-sufficient with all supplies, equipment, food, tents etc., all stuff we carried on the rafts along with the guests. It’s an ideal way for reaching the most remote and stunning areas in the Indian Himalayas. We get to set up camps at scenic locations on the river bank, offer sumptuous meals relax by campfires and have loads of fun. We also have an opportunity to take short day hikes to explore remote villages, or trek to water fall and learn about new cultures. The simple life, amazing canyons, sound and fragrance of the forests fills ones senses. The fast-paced life of the city seems to be a myth in these surroundings. You get back home calm and refreshed with loads of memories in a short duration.
Day01: We start at 8 am from Rishikesh and drive along the river to 103 km. to Srinagar passed Devprayag, Bagwan in the morning. It takes about 4 hours to get to the starting point where you meet your guides and rest of our team. Here you get the overview of the river and trip leader will let you explain about river features and give you safety brief about river rafting, and safety kayak. Rafting begins after all the preparation. A relaxed day with few rapids. A day for swimming, body surfing, relaxing and spotting wildlife. Raft 2 and half hour to reach camp at Bagwan. Overnight camp on the beach.
Day02: Day begins with negotiating a few big rapids for floating. Again a good day for rafting. We raft about 28 Km to reach our camping place called Ambrasu. Now time to go for day hike and explore the local village near by the camp site. Then come back and time to the play beach volley ball. Overnight on the beach camp with nice and warm campfire. And get refresh for the next day.
Day 03: The day begins with small rapids followed by nice and scenic beauty. Covers 28 km to reach to Kaudiyala. This is really nice and easy day for rafting during rafting down we play games on the boat and splash with each other. This is the day to get refresh for the next big day.
Day04: The day begin with Big rapids followed by nice and big rapids like: Daniel dip, the wall, Three Blind Mice”, “Crossfire”, and the “Body Surfing rapid”. After lunch we run big rapids, the “Roller Coaster” and “Golf Course” and "Club House" to make it an exciting end to a grand adventure. This is day full of fun and full of white water. The trip ends near Laxman Jhula place called NIM Beach.
Note: We start our trip on Alaknanda from Bagwan which is toward north about 16-17 km from Devprayag. It is Optional it depends on flood in monsoon cause sometime it is not transportable till put in. In that case we would be starting from Devprayag.... it’s an official Decision According to Volume of river as you are aware of it.
At a time we can take:
Required Pax Min No of People 06
Max No of People 30