Leave No Trace is an national and international program designed to assist outdoor enthusiasts with their decisions about how to reduce their impacts while enjoying the outdoors. The program strives to educate people about the nature of their recreational impacts as well as techniques to prevent and minimize such impacts. Leave No Trace is best understood as an educational and ethical pro-gram, not as a set of rules and regulations.
Leave No Trace information is rooted in scientific studies and common sense. The information is framed under the Seven Leave No Trace Principles.
- • Plan ahead and prepare.
- • Travel and amp on durable surfaces.
- • Dispose of waste properly.
- • Leave what you find.
- • Minimize Campfire impacts.
- • Respect Wildlife.
- • Be considerate of other visitors