The Alaknanda (or Alakananda; Sanskrit: अलकनन्दा) is a Himalayan river in the state of Uttarakhand, India and one of the two headstreams of the Ganges, the major river of Northern India and the holy river of Hinduism. In hydrology, the Alaknanda is considered the source stream of the Ganges on account of its greater length and discharge; however, in Hindu mythology and culture, the other headstream, the Bhagirathi, is considered the source stream.
The Alaknanda is considered to rise at the confluence and foot of the Satopanth and Bhagirathi Kharak glaciers in Uttarakhand, though the Saraswati River tributary flowing from Mana Pass is longer; the two meet at Mana, India, 21 km fromTibet. Three km below Mana the Alaknanda flows past the Hindu pilgrimage centre of Badrinath. It meets the Bhagirathi Riverat Devprayag after flowing for approximately 190 km (118.1 mi) through the Alaknanda valley. Its main tributaries are the Mandakini, Nandakini, and Pindar rivers. The Alaknanda system drains parts of Chamoli, Tehri, and Pauri districts.
Rafting Expeditions means that we runs long river trip without any support. Totally self-sufficient with all supplies, equipment, food, tents etc., all stuff we carried on the rafts along with the guests. It’s an ideal way for reaching the most remote and stunning areas in the Indian Himalayas. We get to set up camps at scenic locations on the river bank, offer sumptuous meals relax by campfires and have loads of fun. We also have an opportunity to take short day hikes to explore remote villages, or trek to water fall and learn about new cultures. The simple life, amazing canyons, sound and fragrance of the forests fills ones senses. The fast-paced life of the city seems to be a myth in these surroundings. You get back home calm and refreshed with loads of memories in a short duration.
We start at 8 am from Rishikesh and drive along the river to 103 km. to Srinagar passed Devprayag, Bagwan in the morning. It takes about 4 hours to get to the starting point where you meet your guides and rest of our team. Here you get the overview of the river and trip leader will let you explain about river features and give you safety brief about river rafting, and safety kayak. Rafting begins after all the preparation. A relaxed day with few rapids. A day for swimming, body surfing, relaxing and spotting wildlife. Raft 2 and half hour to reach camp at Bagwan. Overnight camp on the beach.
Day begins with negotiating a few big rapids for floating. Again a good day for rafting. We raft about 28 Km to reach our camping place called Ambrasu. Now time to go for day hike and explore the local village near by the camp site. Then come back and time to the play beach volley ball. Overnight on the beach camp with nice and warm campfire. And get refresh for the next day.
The day begins with small rapids followed by nice and scenic beauty. Covers 28 km to reach to Kaudiyala. This is really nice and easy day for rafting during rafting down we play games on the boat and splash with each other. This is the day to get refresh for the next big day.
The day begin with Big rapids followed by nice and big rapids like: Daniel dip, the wall, Three Blind Mice”, “Crossfire”, and the “Body Surfing rapid”. After lunch we run big rapids, the “Roller Coaster” and “Golf Course” and "Club House" to make it an exciting end to a grand adventure. This is day full of fun and full of white water. The trip ends near Laxman Jhula place called NIM Beach.
We start our trip on Alaknanda from Bagwan which is toward north about 16-17 km from Devprayag. It is Optional it depends on flood in monsoon cause sometime it is not transportable till put in. In that case we would be starting from Devprayag.... it’s an official Decision According to Volume of river as you are aware of it.
Long stretches of rafting on Alaknanda & Ganga
- Drive through the along the ganga/Alaknanda River and passed the Devprayag and Bagwan Kirti nagar Srinagar
- we offer SUP Boarding on the river.
- water activities like Duckie rides (inflatable kayaks).
- kayaking, cata raft rides, oar boating, swimming, splashing, surfing, cliff jumping,, raft building & – all at one location which happens to be the finest white sand beach in the region we call it Action Beach.
- High end facilities of the campsite. Dom Tents with overlooking the river.
- Super location of the camp BANG ON THE RIVER & great views all around.
Area: Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
Season: Mid-September through December to April.
River Grade: 3, 3+ big volume
Meeting place: White World Expeditions
River: Ganga & Alaknanda
Trip duration: 80 km
We Serve Office to Office Trips
Min No of People = 6
Max No of People = 30
Cost on request
Departure on request
• All the transportation from Rishikesh to put in point in three days and from take out, back to Rishikesh,
• Tents on twin/triple share basis. Forest fee. Taxes, mineral water etc.
• All the meals in variety during the trip. Which will be providing Indian, Chinese, Continental food
• Rafts, life jacket, helmet, paddle and safety equipment.
• Professional Raft guides/ safety kayaker cook and helper
• All the camping equipment including kitchen tent, dining tent, sleeping mats, chairs and table etc.
• Dry Bag for your valuable thing.
• Raft experience certificate for 4 days expeditions with
• Hotel/accommodation and meals in Rishikesh, (can be organize for extra rates)
• All the alcoholic beverages and Expenses of personal Nature, Personal insurance. Taxi/train from Delhi to Rishikesh to and back to Delhi. Sleeping bag,
NOTE: All members are requested to bring only essential. Traveling light is essential.
Camping Check list:
• T-Shirts and Shorts for Trekking
• Sunblock and Sun Burn Lotion
• Sport Shoes for Trekking Activities
• Battery Torch or Flashlight
• Spare Charged Batteries for your Cameras and Mobile Phones
• Personal toiletries like towel, Deo Spray, soap, shampoo, body lotion, hair oil, comb etc
• Personal first aid kit
• Pen & Notepad
• Bug Repellants
• Cigarettes, Liquor, Ice Box etc (we do not serve any)
• Other miscellaneous such as Chips, Namkeen, Cookies, Bakery Snacks etc.
• Bathing Suit or Shorts
• T-shirt or Sandos
• Sun block and Sun Burn Lotion
• Antiseptic Cream
• Sunglasses (Optional)
• Swimming Goggles (Optional)
• Old Sneakers / Neoprene Booties / River Sandals
• Waterproof Camera or Waterproof Bag for Camera and other devices
• Energy Bars / Energy Drinks
• Zip Lock Waterproof Baggies (to keep small things dry)
• Towel and Extra Undergarments
• Plastic Bags (for wet things such as shorts, bath suit, sneakers, undergarments etc)
• Wool Sweater
• Neoprene Wet suite & Booties/ Gloves
• Polypropylene Long underwear
• Cotton Clothes are good for summers
• Wetsuits and Booties are available on rent in Rishikesh; you can ask your rafting outfitter
• This checklist doesn't mean to imply that you will be able to bring everything on the raft with you
• If you are going on an overnight Camping and rafting trip or will include camping as a part of your Rafting trip, take a look at the Camping checklist also.