Meeting Place: White World Expeditions Office at 8:00AM
Area: Garhwal (Uttrakhand)
Grade: moderate trek
No of Days: Day Hike
Season: September - June
Departure: on request
Time: full day trip
Altitude: 1650 above seas level
Departure time: 8:00am
Type of trip: Sunrise, Sun set, Day hikes
Kunjapuri temple trip is one of the best and nearest trek from Rishikesh History of the temple According to Hindu mythology, the father of Sati was not pleased when his daughter married Lord Shiva. He organized a yagna, but didn’t invite Sati or Lord Shiva. Sati got angry and went there uninvited. Her father humiliated Lord Shiva in public. Disturbed by this, Sati jumped into the fire and ended her life. When Lord Shiva came to know about this, he destroyed the yagna and carried Sati’s body on his shoulders towards the Himalayas. Lord Brahma felt that if the final rites are not completed, she couldn’t take rebirth as goddess Paarvati. Then Lord Vishnu took his Sudarshan Chakra and cut her body into pieces. So while Lord Shiva was carrying the dead body of Goddess Sati in his arms and wandering through the Himalayas, the body parts of Goddess Sati fell down at different places. These places are called as Shakti Peethas. There are 52 Shakti Peethas around Nepal and India. The Kunjapuri temple is located where chest of the Goddess was fallen. This temple is one of the 3 shaktipeethas in Tehri District and was founded by JagadguruShankaracharya. The other 2 shaktipeethas are Surkanda Devi temple &Chandrabadni Devi temple.
• All travel from Rishikesh to Starting place and drive back at the end of the trip.
• Professional guide, Forest fee, camping fee.
• Village tour and meet people
• Temple tour
• Tea and Snacks
• Any arrangements in Rishikesh
• Expenses of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, camera fee
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditionsand any other circumstances beyond our control.
• Personal insurance or anything not mentioned in itinerary
• Lunch & water
TERMS & CONDITIONS:-
• All payments should be cleared before trip Departure
• For kids we organize shorts trekking trips
• Fill up the liability weaver before depart to you adventure trip
• All bookings are strictly subject to availability and confirmation by payment of non-refundable advance.
• All our packages are ‘group packages’ and same services items are applicable for Each person in the group.
• In case of reduction in the number of persons, the total package cost will remain the same. Minimum billing must be done as per the minimum guarantee given by the group.
• We reserve the right to alter or cancel any trip depending upon the prevailing condition